Paul J. Stingley
Paul J. Stingley was raised in Mexico, Missouri, and has been practicing law for over 22 years. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Southwest Missouri State University (now Missouri State) in human resources management and was a member of Sigma Nu Fraternity. Paul received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Missouri Kansas City Law School in 1993. Following law school, Paul practiced in the Kansas City area where his practice was limited to defending insurance companies and employers.
In early 1995, Paul relocated to Fulton where he was employed by the then Whitlow, Riley, Mariea & Dunlap law firm for approximately 4 years. He then opened his own office with 2 partners for 4 years, before being in solo practice for the last 13 years.
Paul has previously served as a committee member and chairperson on the Solo and Small Firm Committee for the Missouri Bar Association; a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America; a member of the Board of Directors for the public charity SERVE for 8 years; a member of the Board of Directors for the Callaway County Coalition Against Domestic Violence; an adjunct professor for William Woods University; and has served as an alternative dispute resolution and mock trial judge for the University of Missouri School of Law. He has given numerous seminars and presentations to various organizations and groups, including ones to insurance claims adjusters, other lawyers, physicians, and presentations to not-for-profit organizations and general members of the public.
Paul currently serves as the Municipal Judge for the City of Mexico (since 2013) and the City of Auxvasse (since 2010).
Paul has represented individuals and businesses in numerous courts throughout Missouri, spanning from Kirksville to Kansas City to Mount Vernon to Springfield to Hillsboro to St. Charles to the Lake of the Ozarks and many mid-Missouri counties.
Paul’s practice areas include personal injury, domestic relations, criminal litigation, and business related matters. He has successfully obtained injury related settlements for numerous clients including a vehicular accident for $2,000,000.00. He has represented hundreds of individuals in paternity and divorce actions, motions to modify, adoptions, and orders of protection; and continues to represent individuals who have been accused of misdemeanors and felonies, ranging from DWI’s and assault to capital crimes. In addition, Paul also continues to represent numerous businesses throughout the Boone, Audrain and Callaway County areas.
Paul lives in the Millersburg area with his wife Tricia. He has two daughters: Molly who is attending the University of Arkansas, and Ellen who is a student at Father Tolton Catholic High School.
*Past results afford no guarantee of future results and every case is different and must be judged on its own merits.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Domestic Relations
- Criminal Litigation
- Missouri, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1993
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- Juris Dr, Juris Doctor - 1993
- Honors: Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mock Trial Judge for the University of Missouri School of Law
- Southwest Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 00/1988
- Major: Human Resources Management
- Vanliner Insurance Co.
- Crawford & Company
- Adjunct Professor, William Woods University
Honors and Awards
- City of Mexico, Municipal Judge since 2013
- City of Auxvasse, Municipal Judge since 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association, Solo and Small Firm Committee, Member
- Missouri Bar Association, Solo and Small Firm Committee, Chairperson
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Evans & Dixon, Law Clerk, 1990 to 1993
- Evans & Dixon, Paralegal, 1988 to 1990
- Whitlow, Riley, Mariea & Dunlap, 1995
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors for SERVE, Member
- Callaway County Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Board of Directors, Member
- Sigma Nu