We have a long-standing reputation for results-driven legal advocacy.
Joe D. Holt
Joe D. Holt, a descendent of the Holt family who were settlers of Callaway County in 1819, Joe is a graduate of rural Callaway schools, Fulton High School, Westminster College and the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law and has a Certificate from the center for Dispute Resolution at MU-C. Admitted to the Bar in 1967, he is a past president of the Callaway Co. Bar Association, and from 1967 to 1982 served as State Representative for Callaway County, being the Majority Floor Leader of the Missouri House of Representatives from 1977 to 1980. He was twice given the Outstanding Legislator award by the St. Louis Globe-Democrat.
He served as Associate Circuit Judge for Callaway County 1998 to 2006, during which time he heard all the Probate matters in Callaway and many in Boone Co. As a Judge in the 13th Circuit, he heard contested Dissolution matters in both counties and numerous other types of cases. He has lectured for the Missouri Judicial College on Dissolution and Probate matters.
Before taking the bench, as a private attorney, he tried cases across Mid-Missouri, and practiced estate planning, probate and real estate law. He was Counsel for Levee and Drainage Districts, water districts and fire districts, as well as for the cities of Mokane, New Bloomfield and Fulton.
Joe has served as President of Serve, Inc., The Kingdom Supper, The Kingdom of Callaway Historical Society, and the Missouri Collation for Alternatives to Incarceration. He is currently on the Board of the Historical Society and a member of the Callaway County Civil War Heritage Board. A 40 year member of the Fulton Breakfast Optimist Club, he has twice been President of the club.
Joe is married to Virginia A. Young, former professor at the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Journalism, and former City Editor of the Columbia Tribune, who is now the Bureau Chief for the St. Louis Post Dispatch in Jefferson City, MO. They with their two children Zachary and Jenna live west of Fulton in the Central Community. He, also, has three older sons, two of whom are officers in the U.S. Army.
Joe's practice is in the area of estate planning, estate management, real estate and mediation and arbitration.
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D. - 1967
- Honors: Certificate from the center for Dispute Resolution at MU-C
- Westminster College
- B.A. - 1962
- Fulton High School
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer, Dissolution and Probate matters, Missouri Judicial College
- Serve, Inc., President
- The Kingdom Supper, President
- The Kingdom of Callaway Historical Society, President
- Missouri Collation for Alternatives to Incarceration, President
- Board of the Fulton High School Band Boosters, Present
- President and Member, Fulton Breakfast Optimist Club
- Callaway County, Associate Circuit Judge, 1998 to 2006
- Callaway County Bar Association, Past President
- Callaway County, State Representative, 1967 to 1982
- Missouri House of Representatives, Majority Floor Leader, 1977 to 1980
- Board of the Historical Society
- Callaway County Civil War Heritage Board, Member
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Estate Planning
- Estate Management
- Real Estate
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Missouri, 1968
- Outstanding Legislator Award, St. Louis Globe-Democrat